Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cancer-Free and Loving It!

A brief history.... in late 2004/early 2005 I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. At the time, I pregnant with my daughter and obviously, went through the range of emotions that come with that type of diagnosis.  I had the areas surgically removed over the next few months. Some areas had progressed farther than others, so multiple surgeries were needed. Needless to say, all the melanoma was removed.
I was monitored every 6 months for the next few years and never had it reoccur.  Recently, I developed a very painful mole on my back. This was the same way it started before. I had a difficult time getting into the dermatologist, but finally got in this past Monday and had it removed. Honestly, I come to terms with having melanoma again. I was preparing myself for the process and had faith it would be resolved like the last time. I was slightly scared, but when that feeling crept up, I gave it to God. Although, some may feel differently, I felt that this may have been a test.
I felt that this was my time to follow through with my "agreement" with God. When I begged him to cure my daughter and give an illness to me. Save my daughter and I'll give you my life instead. So when this came about, I just knew it would not be fatal. I stood up and faced my "offer" to God with as much courage and grace I could find and knew it's what I signed on for when I put it out there. And not for one moment did I regret doing it. If this was my time to follow through, I'd do it again to save her. Her for me, that was what I offered.
To my surprise today, the doctor called and said the cancer biopsy came back negative. I was blown away! I had so prepared for this trial. I actually had to sit and regroup. And I guess I could brush it off as, it was nothing and I over reacted. But I like to find the true message in things. And I made sense of this by believing that since the test was put before me and I followed through like I had offered, I passed the test. I didn't have to endure the journey again. I proved that I would put my life in His hands and believe He will take care of business.
I believe that as His faithful follower, I was rewarded.......AGAIN!


"People break down into two groups. When they experience something lucky, group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. But there's a whole lot of people in group number one that deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. So what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"


**Please take the time to click the "follow" button so you don't miss out on any great deals, articles and more!!** 

No comments:

Post a Comment