Monday, December 20, 2010

It's almost Christmas!

Christmas is almost here and we are hurrying to get all the stuff done. By 'stuff" I mean the gift and grocery shopping, the cleaning and decorating of the house and trying to complete the living room renovations. Which have taken a bit longer than we had anticipated! We are hoping to have the majority of the work done by Christmas Eve, in time for our holiday guests. Let's pray it happens!

Besides all that, the kids have been busy doing their own thing too. Dylan is getting used to homeschooling again. Hes doing pretty well and luckily I am here to help him when he gets stuck. I'm finding that he is doing much better now than he was when he was in public school. I can tailor the materials to his needs and give him one-on-one attention to be able to grasp ideas that are being taught. Kayleigh and Savannah are both working hard on their own school work as well. Kayleigh is learning to read and spell. Savannah is in the pre-reading stage. Bella is just as cute as can be! Helping mommy out whenever she can. And Gabe, well, hes already teething! How crazy is that! My boy is only 2 months old and is drooling like a champ! I'm sure he won't get any teeth for a while though, but its just to see his advancement!

We are planning on baking cookies for the police and fire dept this holiday. It's easy to forget these important people during this time of year, but they are always a much need resource all year long. And a basket of goodies is the least we can do to thank them for everything they do for us! I think on the 23rd we'll take the goodies over to them.

Well, I'll close this for now. I'll update more later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment