Thursday, February 17, 2011

Santa's a Slave Driver.....WHAT?!?!

The line is true.. "kids say the darnedest things!" A few days ago I was teaching my 5 year old kindergartner her character qualities lesson. That particular days lessons was about honesty. I began telling her about "Honest Abe". I explained who Abraham Lincoln was and why he was called honest Abe.  I was half way through th e lesson when I said, "Abe Lincoln felt it was not right to keep other people as slaves." My daughter looks at me and in a semi-hushed tone asks, "Like Santa?" It took me about 5 seconds to realize what she meant. And trying not to crack up laughing I replied, "No honey. Those are elves, not slaves." LOL!!!!

Do you have any cute, funny or ironic stories to share about things your kids have said?? Please share!


**Please take the time to click the "follow" button so you don't miss out on any great deals, articles and more!!** 

No comments:

Post a Comment