Monday, March 28, 2011

Good Reads!

Recently, I treated myself to a Kindle E-reader.  You can find thousands of ebooks online for free. I downloaded about 20 free ebooks from Amazon and began my reading. I read "The Island of Dr. Moreou" by H.G. Wells and loved it! It was a little on the crazy side, but it was a good read! My next 3 books on my list I did pay $9.99 for, because I did want to read them so badly. They were all written by Josh Kilmer-Purcell. The first one was "The Bucolic Plague. How two Manhattanies became gentleman farmers." This book is based on the reality tv show on Channel Green called "The Fabulous Beekman Boys." You can find information about the book HERE.  This is a great book! I laughed through the entire thing! It is real and honest and you can relate to the the characters in the story. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a great book to read!  The next book, I actually just begun reading. Also by Kilmer-Purcell, is called, "I Am Not Myself These Days: A Memoir". I am enjoying what I've read so far, and if interested, you can see if this book is for you HERE. The third book I ought written by Kilmer- Purcell, and have not begun reading yet, is, "Candy Everybody Wants". More of a fictional read, rather than a memoir like the other two books, I anticipate a good read as well. Kilmer-Purcell has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I hope he continues to publish books, not sure how many memoirs one person can write, but I like the real life stories opposed to fictional stories. If you would like to see what this book is about, follow think LINK.
Also on my "paid for" reading list LOL, is "Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back."  Written by Todd Burpo. This is waiting to be read as well, but I saw this family on tv and was interested in the book.  It is a real life account of things that happened in the life of their son. Information can be found HERE.
And one final book adventure, this is a future buy, once I am caught up on all these reads, it is called, "Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot." Written by Bruce Leininger,  Andrea Leininger & Ken Gross. Again, I saw this family on a tv news show and my interest was peaked about the story of their son who had memories of a WWII pilot killed in action. This book can be found HERE
I'm so glad that my Kindle purchase wasn't a waste. I was so afraid that I wouldn't have time to use it.  So tell me, what books have you read lately? Are there books you are looking forward to reading? What type of writing do you prefer when you look for interesting books? (Fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, sci-fi, etc...)


**Click follow in the left margin to follow my blog!! **

No comments:

Post a Comment